Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wu-Tang Clan Is Boring As Shit

Nic Ouzo: I'm not that big of a fan of collectives--I'm not that much of a communist. In music, these things rarely work out. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Godspeed You! Black Emperor is the only truly good one, while Broken Social Scene has their moments (the Arcade Fire, while Canadian like the other two, just simply suck balls). And it doesn't really work in hip-hop.


I know I'm going against the established critical norm by calling out Wu-Tang, but I just don't get it. Their beats are so spare and non-existent, and I have no idea what they're saying. Plus, I can't take anyone from Staten Island seriously. I'm not kidding, that's where they're from. And while I'll enjoy "Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nothing To Fuck With" and "C.R.E.A.M." for a couple of seconds, that's not going to sustain itself for a full headlining set. Ugh. Plus, the rest of WDR will fill you in on the retardedness of their fans.

Mr. Zhaung: Nic is absolutely right. Now, I will admit that I'm not the biggest rap fan, but this was not good. Maybe it was because it was boring and I was waiting for what seemed like an eternity to see Rage, but Wu Tang just didn't do it for me.

Or maybe it was the morons that decided that setting plastic bottles on fire and dancing around them was good idea. I swear, these people could NOT afford to lose anymore brain cells. I know that the fires started just after the Cypress Hill set, but I cannot believe that the stoner crowd would be the ones to start burning plastic (I would figure they'd be too stoned to do much of anything). I doesn't matter who started it; what matters is that by the end of Wu Tang's set there were at least 6 fires burning. When the guy next to you blows pot smoke in your face and it's refreshing, that's a very bad sign.

But seriously, Wu Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck with. Definitely the fans. They shouldn't be reproducing.

No comments: