Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hump Day Helper


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

I've been on a serious Interpol kick lately--I've had the new album on repeat constantly, and pretty much every single song has taken turns as being the "song stuck in my head" (right now, the honor goes to what-should-be-the-next-single "Who Do You Think"). Seriously, I'm contemplating whether or not to write a 10 page treatise on Interpol at this point.

And while I believe that The Heinrich Maneuver is probably the best single I've heard this summer, the video is too much of a downer for a Hump Day Helper. Actually, it was a tough decision as to which video to choose (I was leaning towards C'mere), but in the end I went with the video with the creepy dancing puppet. Of course, I'm not going to stop you from searching for the other Interpol music videos (in fact I encourage it), but enjoy this one for now.

You're weightless, semi-erotic--You need someone to take you there

2 comments:

Mr. Zhuang said...

I've been listening to a lot of Interpol also. Right now it's "PDA."

Nic Ouzo said...

I have Turn On The Bright Lights going in rotation in my cd player right now--I spent last night playing guitar along with the entire album.

Obstacle 2 is where it's at right now.