Monday, July 30, 2007

Moving slowly toward making a blog about The Simpsons

As is usually the case on the weekend, I was wandering about in the desert with a head full of peyote and having a conversation with Jim Morrison about which fruit is the best (strawberries), when I realized that I was supposed to write a blog about the new The Simpsons Movie.

When I awoke from my hallucinogenic stupor, I found myself lying on a beach completely naked. It is easy to say that I was in no condition to write anything, nor could I get online without a computer. But now, after a long walk in the woods, I am back at the office, ready for work.

The Simpsons Movie is something that I know I have been looking forward to for a very long time. In fact, I've heard rumors of a movie being made since I was a little kid, and only today have such rumors become a reality.

But with a hype as big as that of The Simpsons Movie, the question remains: "Will it be awesome, or will it suck balls?" This is a very important question, and I hope the answer is the former. But it's hard to know sometimes how things will turn out.

As for the show, so many references have been made already by my colleagues, and I feel that I need to add some of my favorites as well:

* "How did you take off your underwear without taking off your pants?" - Bart, to Grandpa

* "Who are you?"- Mr. Burns
"Mr. Burns!" - Homer
"No, I'm Mr. Burns. Who are YOU?" - MB
"I don't know..." - H

* "What's going on back there, Unitarians?" - Homer

* "Dad, Mom won't let me read Hagar the Horrible." - Bart
"But it isn't funny!" - Marge, background.

* "Oh, here's your problem - this doll's set on EVIL." - Maintenance man, Tree House of Horror

* "If your dad goes ga-ga, you just use that shinin' of yours to call me and I'll come a' running. But DON'T be reading my mind between four and five. That's Willy's time!" - Groundskeeper Willy



I could go on, but I won't because if you're reading this you (A) already know all of these quotes and/or (B) don't really give a shit. Either way, this post is over. I need to get some non drug induced sleep.

*Ed. Note: Damn tubes cleaned up early! Those who did too good of a job have also been sacked.

2 comments:

Nic Ouzo said...

You know, you didn't have to type out the post naked. We could've waited a few minutes for you to at least put on some boxers.

Some cromulent quotes, buddy. Good work.

And we shall continue to spread the word of the superiority of The Strawberry over the Raspberry.

Anonymous said...

Peyote? Where was that this weekend? I would have wanted some. Unless of course you mean whiskey when you say peyote, in which case your desert would be the back porch at the beach house. And if you mean me when you say Jim Morrison (not that far off, actually).