Friday, July 13, 2007

The blog...from the OTHER room...

Following my peyote induced stint in the forest (I will always be known as a friend of the bears; thank you Katow-Jo), I've moved into a new place. So, I haven't really had that much access to the internet for the last week or so. But now I do have it, but the router isn't set up yet and I'm typing from my roomate Bryan's room. Oh well...

There is important news out there that needs to be addressed. As most alert readers already know, Heath Ledger has been cast as The Joker in the next Batman film (titled, according to IMDb, The Dark Knight). Now, I must admit that the first time I heard about this, I was skeptical. Heath Ledger did not seem like the guy to play the Joker. He didn't seem funny enough or menacing enough (my personal choice was Marilyn Manson, but no one else seems to agree with me on that). I must say, however, that the pictures that have supposedly leaked on the film do look pretty cool. Definitely a continuation of the Frank Miller-esque look of Batman Begins. I am looking forward to how this film will play out, though I'll probably have to wait about a year to see it. But, that's how things work sometimes.

No comments: