Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Facial hair, John Mayer and the most metal thing EVER

Oh, and some random sports crap...


As many of you already know, I live in Eugene and reside in a sketchy apartment. In an effort to fit into my surroundings, I have decided not to shave or get a haircut in quite some time (and by "effort" I mean "I don't have money and I'm lazy"). Unfortunately, the only thing that I can really grow well is a mustache, and I'm not sure how to feel about that. Is the Burt Reynolds look for me? Does the mustache play? I report, you decide...

Anyway, on to bigger and better things. Or at least bigger. Last weekend was the University of Oregon's "Big Game" against Cal. Shit, even ESPN Gameday was here (and I went to see that shit at 7:30 in the morning). Having seen the last game against Cal (in Berkeley, no less), I was ready to see some redemption. Or at least see Donald Duck beat the shit out of Oski (seriously, the bear looks like a constipated old man). I was, once again, disappointed. Things seemed to be going well for the first 3 quarters (and they went by FAST...) but by the end of the third and into the fourth, the Ducks started to self destruct. Interception, fumble, blah! But it seemed as though they were going to pull it off: 19 seconds left, Ducks 5 yards from the goal line and a chance for overtime. Then: Touchdown! Wait - what's going on? Touchback? FUCK! That can't be...SHIT! That IS what happened! Play under review...stands. Cal ball." No one was even leaving. Everyone just stood and stared with a "What the fucking-shit-cock-ass-balls?" look on their faces. And that was it. It sucked balls. Especially with how long it took to get tickets.

Anyway, enough of sports and broken dreams. It's time for something fun...

Now, when you think of Metal, what do you think of? Growling guys in heavy make-up playing loud guitars and singing about wizards and blood? And wouldn't you think that John Mayer is about the least metal guy ever? Well guess what: YOU'RE WRONG! Sure, he may not fit your definition of metal exactly, but he did post the most metal thing ever on his blog.

Now, I'm not one to talk up another's blog unless I think it's really good, and I must say that Mr. Mayer has quite the funny bone. So check it out. You might laugh a little.

1 comment:

Nic Ouzo said...

I can grow everything but part of the moustache. It's kind of a bitch.

And is Alicia Keys metal? I did not realize this.

But at least Mayer won a Dundie.