Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hump Day Helper -- Apropos February Edition


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

You didn't think I'd make it through the month without something fitting, like this week's choice, did you?

This week's video is from a band that I count as one of my favorites; unfortunately, Death From Above 1979 only made one official album, but what a hell of an album it was. You're A Woman, I'm A Machine is not only a brilliant title, but one of the most inventive and most fun records that has come out this decade. So I hope you enjoy this track, which while doesn't show the balls-out energy that's in a lot of their work, gives some clue to the uniqueness of their sound in their tale of white flight.

Oh yeah, your quizzes on Black History should have arrived in your mailbox last week; Von Bookman will be expecting your answers by Friday.

Hold on, hold on children
Your best friend's parents are leaving...

No comments: