Monday, September 17, 2007

Things That Need To End Immediately

Though I am not an old man, I am a crotchety bastard. In other words, things piss me off. What follows is a short list of things that are currently irritating the fuck out of me.

1. Furniture Stores using Funk Songs with new lyrics This is currently the bane of my existence. The worst offender is a commercial for Wicke's Furniture Warehouse that uses a remade version of The Commodores' "Brick House". You can imagine what the lyrical substitution is (hint: it's not using 'brick', but instead the name of the furniture establishment!). Another commercial that is nearly as annoying is one with a version of "Superfreak". It's so awful that I don't even feel like dispensing with the usual Rick James joke. Yes, we saw Little Miss Sunshine, we get it! Moving on...


2. 5 am If you're awake at 3 am, that just means it's a good party. If it's 4 am, at least you're probably going home, and you still have some time for some decent sleep. If it's 5 am and you're awake, you're actually waking up because you have some shit you can't afford to avoid. I found myself in this position last Saturday (taking the folks to the airport). From now on, I move to banish 5 am.


3. Things labeled "Bakery Fresh" that are not either fresh or come from a bakery Allow me to channel my inner-Linda Richman for just a moment. I enjoy Wheat Thins quite a bit. Yes, I understand the irony of the fat guy enjoying a product with "Thins" in the title; yes I realize that eating more of these will not in fact solve my weight problem. I recently purchased a box, and there was a seal across the top that read "BAKERY FRESH!". Now I asked myself, what was the last time you went to the bakery and ordered a fresh set of Wheated Thins? And that doesn't even get into the "freshness" part of the deal.

That being said, tomorrow night is Tuesday night, which means on thing for my dinner meal: Wheat Thins and Scotch. This week's selection: Chivas Regal, aged 18 years. I'm feeling fancy!


4. Justin Timberlake's attempts to make me like him First, from his appearances on SNL, he seems like a generally funny guy. But this past weekend, he did something that is very much appreciated in these quarters. When accepting various tin Moonmen at the VMA's, he pleaded for MTV to "play more videos!" Not just once, but twice. This was the greatest bitchslap that MTV had received since Jack Black said something similar at the last VMA's.

But then again, the motherfucker was in 'NSync. It's going to take years of service to work off THAT debt to society.

12 comments:

Joe Reefer said...

Let's also not forget that he brought sexy back. As a part of the nation's obese and homely, I was personally quite pleased to see sexy go away. It gave me some time to shine, but no more...

DAMN YOU TIMBERLAKE, DAMN YOU TO HELL!

WHY COULDN'T YOU LEAVE SEXY WHERE IT WAS??

DO NOT TAMPER WITH THE EQUILIBRIUM OF THE UNIVERSE! IF THE FAT, UGLY, AND GOOFY NEVER GET THEIR MOMENT IN THE SUN YOU WILL LOSE ALL CONCEPT OF WHAT SEXY EVEN IS!

You need us. You exist because we are there to be your opposites. Leave sexy where it was, play it as it lies, don't horn in on my Friday night chocolate and non-Light beer cake-fest.

Red said...

Really? Chocolate? I would've thought buffalo chicken.

Joe Reefer said...

That's clearly the Saturday feast.

Mr. Zhuang said...

But I think we should make clear here that this is no diss on buffalo chicken, for it is delicious.


Also, what is the deal with the Doritos with combined flavors in the same bag? What is this shit?

Joe Reefer said...

Of course no disrespect is intended to the always delicious buffalo chicken.

Also, what-now? Do you mean chips of different flavors in the same bag? I've not heard anything about this development.

Mr. Zhuang said...

It is very disturbing.

Nic Ouzo said...

Yeah, it's called "Collisions". What's worse, it seems that they've chosen to go in this direction and have dropped Black Pepper Jack, the greatest of all flavors. This angers me greatly.

Anonymous said...

What's funny is that Joe Reefer, despite being among the nation's homely, obese, and goofy, gets the most tail of anyone on this blog regardless of sexy's current status in the world. How does that work?

Joe Reefer said...

... I'm pretty sure my girlfriend just called me homely and obese in a public forum..

I don't know how to feel just now.

Nic Ouzo said...

I think the most important part of the previous statement is that you "get the most tail".

And I find it hilarious that of all posts this has far and away the most comments.

Joe Reefer said...

Well yeah, but clearly that just implies I must be fucking wild animals on the side or something to boost my numbers...

Nic Ouzo said...

Ladies and gentlemen, the first bestiality joke of the evening.