Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hump Day Helper -- I'm Attempting to See These Guys Live Edition

Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

The Flaming Lips are one of those bands that I've been dying to see perform, but have always been unable to do so--whether it is the fact that I'm on the wrong coast or that I just wasn't paying attention to their touring schedule, I have always missed out. Why the concern? Well, not only am I a big fan of the music, but their show is highly-regarded universally--how can you not love confetti-spouting mascots and a singer that walks across the audience in a giant plastic bubble? You can't; it's impossible.

And in the true spirit of the "Hump Day Helper", I'm putting up the video of the most amazingly positive song ever recorded. If this doesn't bring a smile to your face, then I'm sorry, I can never help you.

Do you realize that you have the most beautiful face??

7 comments:

Virginia said...

Ahh...the flaming lips are so good.

Mr. Zhuang said...

This is so very true.

Nic Ouzo said...

Oh, FYI--Mission: Accomplished.

Mr. Zhuang said...

Oh yeah? When are you gonna see them?

Joe Reefer said...

It's already done man. He did it. It's over. Case closed.

... I hope he knows I expect a full review.

Nic Ouzo said...

Full Review tomorrow folks.

Joe Reefer said...

Damn right, son. We take time commitments on this blog very seriously.