Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hump Day Helper - I'm Seeing These Guys Live Edition


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

One of the benefits of working for a radio station is access to thousands of CDs that you wouldn't otherwise have. In one of my searches through our library, I came across this band that I had heard of, called Dinosaur Jr. I vaguely remember being told that it was alternative and involved a lot of guitar, and yeah, that pretty much sums it up. After listening to this song, I took all their albums and ripped them, and then purchased them.

And I'm seeing these guys tonight. Though J. Mascis may look like an old fat wizard these days, they still rock--in fact, their latest album Beyond might probably be one of the ten best you'll hear this year.

No comments: