Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hump Day Helper -- Everyone Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone Edition

Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

This week's video isn't necessarily a pick-me-up in the true sense of the word. It's a great song, yes, and it puts a smile on my face, but I'm not sure that if you're sitting at your cubicle watching/listening to this that you'll feel the necessary joie de vivre to continue making it through your day. Hopefully it'll make you feel wistful, or some other shit like that.

The reason for today's selection? It's because it comes from the most hilariously depressing (or depressingly hilarious) album title that I own, The Walkmen's Everyone Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone. Everyone I know is off at school or working by now, so I figured it fit very well. If you actually want a song that makes you happy, try Louisiana, or if you want to get amped up, take a listen to The Rat. Everyone else, be content to listen to the full version of a song that you heard on a Saturn commercial from long ago. See me age 19 with some dumb haircut from 1960...

No comments: