Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Real Reason I Wanted To Become A Lawyer


Sure, I'm a big fan of things like social justice and looking out for the little guy, along with all that malarkey about doing "what's right". But any idiot can do something positive to help the world. It takes a true magnificent bastard to just use the law to waste people's time. Like State Sen. Ernie Chambers. He's suing God. For something or another--I would guess it would have to be the whole "suffering of the innocent" or "bad things happening to good people" or for the existence of Glenn Beck, but Chambers actually went with "God Is A Terrorist".

Now I don't know what's worse--the fact that this story is practically the same as a storyline from Ally McBeal, or that I actually remember a commercial for that damn show from about 10 years ago instead of important things like how interest rates affect the economy or how to throw a knuckleball. At this point, I'm leaning more towards "Column B".


However, this story DOES give me the opportunity to pass along the greatest legal maneuver ever pulled. You can read all about it here, but here's the highlight:
Pursuant to that lawsuit, Washington filed a “Motion to Kiss My Ass” in which he moved “all Americans at large and one corrupt Judge Smith to kiss my got damn ass sorry mother fucker you.”

I'm so damn proud to be an American right now.

1 comment:

Mr. Zhuang said...

To be fair, God is kind of an ass when he's on the computer.

BTW: That graphic at the bottom is awesome.