Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Tourney

I'm not a big fan of UCLA. I'm a Duck, and the only real connection I have to UCLA was my grandmother. Sadly, the Ducks are out of the race for the NCAA championship. This was a huge disappointment for most of the season actually, considering how well last year went (and how we only lost one huge player from that team). But, the Ducks are out, and I find myself half-heartedly supporting UCLA. I guess it's better than Stanford and the "What-the-fuck-is-it?" mascot thing they've got going. Seriously.

Also, my bracket is pretty fucked, from what I recall. I think I did have UCLA in the final four (perhaps even winning...) but fucking Yahoo won't let me look at my account and I've been too damn lazy to sort the fucker out. Oh, well...

Still, I think I did just as well as Dick Vitale, who probably wrote his out at Hooters. ("Yeah, Baby!") As it happens, this big Hooters banner ad came up as I wrote that. That's what I want to see with my buffalo wings: Dick Vitale.

2 comments:

Nic Ouzo said...

You clearly have not seen the carnage of my bracket. I believe I wrote about this earlier, but now the post has pictures!
Shabba doo!

I mean, I'm so bad that I'm losing to Brooks (I think the authors know to whom I'm referring), and the man had USC and Oregon meeting in the finals. However, I can take infinite pleasure that UCLA, a school that is now on my permanent shitlist, lost last night to Memphis. And handily, too.

Mr. Zhuang said...

I saw that. And North Carolina last pretty fucking bad too.