Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hump Day Helper -- Akron Blues Edition


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

It doesn't get much better than The Black Keys when it comes to fucked-up blues rock, and frankly, that's something that we all need more of in our lives. I've stated before that if I owned a bar, I would have the entire catalog of the Keys on hand, because nothing says a classy establishment like those guys. It says you're here for some serious drinkin', and I don't have time for any of your bullshit.

They had a new album come out yesterday, and you bet your ass I got my hands on a copy of it as soon as I could. It's somewhat of a change from the more straight-forward warped-revival that they went with before, but that tends to happen when you add a producer like Danger Mouse to the mix. But I decided to dip into their past with this goofy-ass video directed by David Cross. And when that solo guitar comes ripping in at the end, you'll thank me.

You’ve got pains
Like an addict
10 A.M. automatic...

No comments: