Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hump Day Helper -- Zelig Edition


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

So these crazy bastards had an album come out a couple of weeks ago, and I'm digging it. Yes, everybody's favorite one-off project actually stuck together to record a follow-up to the acclaimed St. Elsewhere. While not as slick and catchy as their debut, I'm ready to say that The Odd Couple will be getting more than a few plays on my stereo in the next few months.

But we're going back to an overlooked song off the debut, instead of the new single. I mean, why oversaturate one of the few videos that get played on the "music" channels? Plus, we do our best in limiting the amount of Justin Timberlake on our blog; we figure that this is a beneficial policy for everyone involved. Cee-Lo brings the incredible voice, Danger Mouse brings the musical craftsmanship, and everyone brings the crazy.

And I can tell you know how hard this life can be, but you keep on smiling for me...

No comments: