Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hump Day Helper -- Mighty Mighty Edition


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

Continuing with my Boston theme, what better band to use than one that uses the name of the town as a pun in their name? That's why we have The Mighty Mighty Boss Tones on tap. Not only is the name clever, it's kind of apropos. You don't fuck with Dicky Barrett and his boys.

I remember loving this song when it first came out, from the goofy philosophical lyrics to the full big band sound. Plus, the video had some subtly nifty special effects, and that always helps. I even liked it despite the fact that there's a dude in the band that just dances, which I guess means he was just inheriting the legacy of Bez from the Happy Mondays, as I would learn from 24 Hour Party People. The point is, it's time to have some fun.

I'm not a coward, I've just never been tested.
I'd like to think that if I was I would pass.
Look at the tested, and think there but for the grace go I.
Might be a coward, I'm afraid of what I might find out!

1 comment:

Mr. Zhuang said...

I just thought I should mention that I saw Stephen Malkmus last night, and it was awesome.

A more in-depth report will be posted later.