Monday, April 21, 2008

Three CDs for a dollar? SWEET!

A magical journey to the bargain bin

Sometimes a good deal is apparent and available. Other times you have to dig through a bunch of bullshit to get to a decent deal. This is one of the latter.

So, I went out to the local CD Game Exchange to look for some new CDs. I found several things I wanted to buy in the $5 section, though they are all scratched to shit. So I moved on to the bargain bin. Now, some might say "If the $5 CDs were all scratched, why would you look for something cheaper?" or "Isn't $5 for a CD already the bargain bin?" Those who would ask this have obviously never experienced the greatness of CD Game Exchange. This is most unfortunate.

Anyway, I get over to the bargain bin and dig in. First I find most of the usual shit: Backstreet Boys singles, bands I've never heard of in my life, bands that I have heard of that are awful, and Lil Bow Wow. Then something caught my eye:


There was really no way I could pass this up. I'm not sure what 'Patches' was up to on this one exactly (drunken listening sessions yielded inconclusive results), but I'm pretty sure this thing was all about getting with a lady to some smooth jazz. Oh, yeah. So, there was no way I could not buy this. And besides, the deal is 3 CDs for $1. What else could I buy that would be more for a mere thirty-three and a third cents? Exactly.

But now I was in a pickle: I needed to find something else to purchase with it to make the deal. My friend Brandon didn't think it was possible, and he was getting sick of the bargain bin fair. I had to do something...

So it was about this time that I found it. And by it I mean "the two other CDs." Hidden under a bunch of really awful looking stuff, I found "Coneheads." That's right. Now, I don't really need this CD because I already have a copy of "Soul to Squeeze" from the Red Hot Chili Peppers' greatest hits album, but that's hardly the point. I mean, I also got "Tained Love" by Soft Cell and "Fight the Power" by... Barenaked Ladies? Yes, this was truly a great find.

Then there was one more. One more album that I could pull out of the mess of CDs. I found it hidden on the bottom shelf. It was... "The Beavis and Butthead Experience." Really, aside from not separating the intro sections from the actual songs, this is a pretty good album. It's got Nirvana (I Hate Myself and Want to Die), White Zombie (I Am Hell), Primus (Poetry and Prose), Red Hot Chili Peppers (Search and Destroy) and, of course, Beavis and Butthead with Cher (I Got You Babe).

So, with this, I went to the cash register and emptied the change from my pocket and got three new CDs. Life is good.

But now I'm going to do some other stuff. Maybe I'll throw some "Penetration" on the stereo...

... Ladies?

1 comment:

Nic Ouzo said...

You are truly the Master of the Bargain Bin.