Monday, July 7, 2008

Youtube Treats -- Patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty psyched Edition



Like any good patriot, we're all still (ahem) hungover from partying during Independence Day. Actually, that's a lie. We're just celebrating another American virtue--laziness. So we're just going to pop in a video before we get back from our "vacation" to writing actual columns.

And sure, we could have used a song with maybe a better connection to the holiday, or at least more obvious--like Soundgarden's "4th of July" and Elliott Smith's "Independence Day"--but where's the fun in that? Instead, I'll indulge in the slight Better Than Ezra kick I've been on, and play a Golden Oldie from the halcyon 90's.

Well maybe I'll call or write you a letter
Now maybe we'll see on the Fourth of July
But I'm not too sure
And I'm not too proud
Well I'm not to sure
And I'm not to proud to say...

No comments: