Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hump Day Helper -- Relegated to CDs Edition


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

So a couple of days ago, the hard drive that holds all my music decided to randomly stop working. As a result, in order to listen to my music I've had to resort to listening on the outdated technology of the Compact Disc. So I've been grabbing whatever's handy, and that means whatever I bought last.

And that's why I've had the debut of Vampire Weekend in my car for the past few days. These hobos from Columbia University have put together a fun collection of Afro-pop bounce. It's been getting some heavy hype from the music press, but unlike The Arcade Fire, it's not totally undeserved. And since I'm getting sick of telling people about the band, I might as well show the video that got my attention. Goofy stop-motion will do that.

Look outside at the raincoats coming, say "oh"
'Ey 'ey 'ey 'ey!

1 comment:

Mr. Zhuang said...

I think that goofy stop motion is really the only logical way to put a song like this into video form. Kudos.