Saturday, September 20, 2008

I will no longer be able times-travel

And other things of note

There comes a time in a man's life, and I guess that time for me is now, when he must say "goodbye" to an old friend. An old friend who, as Joe put it, could "go back in times."

Today, I said "goodbye" to Grandma.

Not my real grandma, mind you; this was the name of my car. I don't really have a good picture of this majestic vehicle, but I can definitely find something similar on Google images. Look here!



Anyway, the old girl is gone. We had to send her off to the big car pasture in the sky because the brakes stopped working properly (in addition to a series of lesser issues including: Windows that don't roll down, overheating/self destructive engine, general cosmetic decay, broken tape deck and broken air conditioning). I ended her reign appropriately with a trip to Muchas Gracias for fast Mexican food. So now I'm set for a now vehicle that will change my life forever. Behold!



OK, so I had to get Google Images to help me again. But this is my new car. It does smell like a million cigarettes and a "Vanillaroma" scented tree, but it's my new ride and EVERYTHING WORKS.* I'll be taking this new vehicle for a run tomorrow. Not sure what to name it (Suggestions?) but I'm sure that something will present itself. Oh, and "Whitey" will not be one of those names. Not at all.

In other news, the UO Ducks had an embarrassing play today against Boise State. Granted, they are now on their FIFTH QB of the season after four weeks playing, but still. Luckily this guy Thomas seems to know his shit enough to be reasonably competent. But this loss did end the chance for a perfect season and places the Ducks as #2 to USC in the PAC 10. (Why were we #1 in the PAC 10 over the #1 team in the nation? Well, it has to do with the technicality of having played more games this season. Sidenote over.)

Also, Nic isn't the only one to go to a great concert recently. While my isn't as epic as Nic's, nor is the band as well known, but it still kicked ass. You see, I saw Menomena play at the Eugene celebration. Yeah. And for some reason they were categorized as "punk." The show was short, but great. As the set started, the perfection of the percussion side of the band became apparent. In addition to the fact that these guys can really play any instrument they happen to pick up and alternate vocal duties throughout the concert, they actually managed to get some people dancing. Much of the set consisted of songs off the new album, which I am not as familiar with as I am with their first release. Still, the show was good and ended with the great "Evil Bee" and some nice saxophone action. Then it was off to the bars to celebrate with booze and random women. Yes, it was a good night in Eugene.

Is there anything else to add? Oh yeah - I've been working on this magazine for the last few weeks and have had virtually no social life outside of this immense project. But it's almost done and people will, once again, see me roaming the streets drunk.



Oh, and Joe needs to post something up here soon. We miss ya, buddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Boris will suffice for a name?