Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hump Day Helper -- Arthropoda Edition


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

There really shouldn't be a specific reason that I post an awesome song like this. And there really isn't. My iTunes put on White Pony in its infinite ShuffleWisdom, and I was reminded once again how brilliant an album that really was. It's what metal should have been post-'95, but unfortunately it wasn't. And "Change" was the magnum opus of that album, topping even other great highlights ("Digital Bath", "Passenger").

Too bad that the video is a shortened version of the song--I don't think you get the fantastic drumfill that Abe throws in near the end that shows his ridiculous skills, for example. But you do get a nicely shot video with plenty of lasting images that strike the right chord between familiarity and unease.

I've watched you change
it's like you never had...

1 comment:

Mr. Zhuang said...

"Change" - always a good decision.

I would say that, considering how awesome this song is, that Obama should use it. But then I remembered the lyrics to this song and realized that would be a terrible idea. Still, a great song and great video even with the edited down drumming. That's what we have the album for.