Saturday, June 30, 2007

Catch it Monday, on a New Episode of CSI: Miami!

I had made the unfortunate decision to spend my Saturday night at "home". This was mainly the result of me realizing that it was probably a bad idea to try and rely on the DC MetroBus late on a Saturday night, and also just generally being tired. The first part of the evening was spent wasting time on the Internet, followed by me relaxing by listening to Loveless.

Upon waking up I ventured downstairs and decided to see what was on the TV. Note that since there is no cable here in this residence where I am at temporarily, my options were pretty limited. For some reason, I settled on some TV newsmagazine, which I later found out to be 48 Hrs.: Mystery on CBS. Awesome.


I quickly became not-engrossed into the story of some serial killer dude. But there was a twist! You see, he killed attractive women! It's not at all like the plot of some bad 80's movie (Heat, the Burt Reynolds edition, I'm looking in your direction!). Well, it wasn't just that. The dude was a photographer. So he first took pictures of the pretty ladies. Then apparently he killed and mutilated them and a whole bunch of gross things.

Of course the emphasis wasn't really on the acts of violence themselves, but the targets. So with this hook of a photographer shooting models, well, that just gave the producers an excuse to randomly show footage of skeazy 80s photoshoots mixed in with serious, hard-hitting quasi-journalistic interviews.


But that wasn't nearly the worst part. The thing is, apparently one of the stars of CSI:Miami and her sister had their photos taken by this dude! So we went onto the set of the show to talk to her about her experience being a near-victim. They were shooting this new episode where some dude would show up at these model photoshoots, and would kill them...hey, it's the exactly like what happened in the 48 Hrs. story that we've been watching! And guess what? 48 Hrs. conveniently reminds you that you should CATCH THIS NEW EPISODE OF CSI: MIAMI ON MONDAY NIGHT!

Wow, that show promotion was really subtle. I didn't notice that a quarter of this supposed journalistic enterprise was devoted TO ANOTHER TV SHOW ON THE SAME NETWORK! It's not as if I'm expecting quality journalism here, but still, I found the whole thing to be a bit galling. It's just a whole new low.

Remember kids, this week on The Wayne Diego Report, you'll get what you all came here to see: HARD-CORE NUDITY! (may not actually occur)

No comments: