Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Great Oden's Raven!


Tomorrow should be one of the greatest days in the history of the Portland Trail Blazers. That is, if they do as exactly as they should and select the mythical Norse God Greg Oden.


I don't care if the man was used as a historical consultant on "Evan Almighty" because he and Noah were grammar school pals, he is simply the right choice for the Blazers to make. Franchise centers don't come around very often, and the last one that did just won his fourth NBA championship. As Socrates once said, "Don't fuck wit da Big Fundamental."


Plus, Greg Oden is perfectly suited for Portland. We like our people down-to-earth and unflashy. In fact, he's a lot like our own Joe Reefer, if Joe was black and had any knowledge of sports whatsoever. Oden's personality fits the Pacific Northwest: laid-back yet still giving a crap.



Plus, I'm not sold on this whole Kevin Durant deal. Granted I saw him play one game, but damn, he sucked against my boys from LSU. Glen Davis totally had his way, and the kid couldn't shoot. Even though I've learned in Stats classes that one game is not a large enough sample size, fuck it, I'm running with it.

Durant won't be better than Lebron, and he couldn't beat Duncan by himself. You go big, dammit.

Oden. I'm sure he throws lightning bolts. Or something.


No comments: