Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rampant Idiocy Run Amok

There are few things that are more infuriating than genuinely stupid policies. I'm sure you've reacted in very much the same way that I have when confronted with these--lots of anger, harsh words, cars being thrown, etc. But the important thing is not to ask who set what on fire, but why on earth these stupid policies exist in the first place.

The first target of my wrath is Hollywood Video. Now, I don't have a problem per se with the store itself--it often has a great selection (for Salem) of foreign and older movies, and the clerks are good about canceling your late fees. No, my problem is with their new policy of having you set up a new account for each Hollywood Video location.



That's right, for every Hollywood Video location, you need to have a membership at that particular location.

Why? You have my information already, what with my card being processed and it telling you that I have a goddamn membership at another location! Is it necessary that you make me go through these steps to find out my address and/or phone number if I'm late with a movie? Because that's the entire reason for setting up a membership. And I have to say, video clerk lady should not bitch at me that she has to fill in the information for me...when she would have to do to so regardless even if I filled out the pointless paperwork beforehand. That shit is still going into the computer.



Stop it Hollywood Video. You're making my head hurt.

No comments: