Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav is once again screwing up everything

Damn it, Gustav!

I'm probably not the one who should be writing this blog entry as one that has never been to Louisiana or lived there. But I feel it's about the time to bring this up.

As WDR has reported before, Gustav is, in fact, an enemy of the blog. But that Gustav is a radio personality in Portland who puts on his random 80s techno bullshit when we just want to hear some rock. Damn you, Gustav!

But now, Gustav is a hurricane that looks to fuck up Louisiana again. Totally not fair, Gustav. Leave Louisiana alone. For fuck sake.

Also, this is having an effect on the Republican's convention, as they don't want to have a party when a huge natural disaster threatens the lives of millions. Not that I really gave a shit about the convention for the republicans anyway - but it seems like they're at least making a decent decision. And, the mention of the republicans and disaster gives me a chance to post this picture (from three years ago) that has been making me laugh much of the day.



Despite this, neither Gustav deserves any sympathy. Sure, one is a destructive hurricane and the other plays annoying techno shit when I'm listening to the radio, but they are still both evil!

(But in all seriousness, and I'm speaking for the whole WDR crew, I hope that this hurricane will not be as bad as the last one and that it will be handled better.)

1 comment:

Nic Ouzo said...

Correction, you had me at "Damn it, Gustav!" I knew I didn't imagine that actually being said.