Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

We did birthday posts last year, but we did it in a way that is the true WDR spirit--we posted the wrong alias with the wrong day. I think we said it was Joe's birthday when it was really my birthday last year. We did this so people would be confused by our online identities, but I think the number of people confused by this gambit is in the high zeroes. So I'm saying the hell with that this year, and doing what I want instead.

Which means playing some fucking Pearl Jam. Last night when we hit the bars, we heard a couple of songs from my favorite band randomly on the jukebox, including this one right here. Joe was somehow surprised that as soon as he recognized "Porch" was playing that I was already singing along, "what the fuck is this world running to..." While "Porch" does indeed rock my socks, I decided to go with the one that sounds more appropriate for a birthday. Of course, being a Pearl Jam fanatic, I know the true irony of that statement considering the meaning of the song, but as Eddie once said, we the audience now own the song.

So watch this awesome live performance of "Alive", complete with guitar heroics from the Awesome Mike McCready, and Eddie Vedder dancing with whomever he can find.

No comments: