Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hump Day Helper - The Sound of Our Elders Edition

Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.


It's shaping up to be a pretty good summer in music, as many WDR faves prepare to release new albums. Good thing I'm an entire continent away from those happenings. Don't worry for me though, I'm sure I'll survive.

This week's selection is from one of the all-time greats, Sonic Youth, who once again released a kickass album last week. They've been on a roll lately, culminating with 2006's Rather Ripped. While that one is a favorite, even though it's almost a "Sonic Youth Unplugged" album, it's good to hear that they're back to letting things errr...rip. I'm sure that the one clerk from Fred Meyer who so far is the only person to realize that my "100% Dirty" shirt is a SY concert tee will appreciate it.

This video from a performance from a month ago, showing that even though these guys are in their fifties, they're still good to go. Plus, the host's name is Holland, so it seems especially fitting.

Got a foghorn and a drum and a hammer that's rockin'
And a cord and a pedal and a lock, that'll do me for now...

No comments: