Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hump Day Helper -- The Old Guys Still Have It Edition

Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.


We've featured these guys multiple times here on WDR, mainly because it means we get to use one of our favorite tags on these posts. Even if that weren't the case, we'd still probably get around to showing multiple videos from Dinosaur Jr.

In case you haven't heard, these titans of '80s (and early '90s) indie rock have reunited (original lineup of Lou + Murph intact), and have decided to forget that there was a 20 year gap in their history and rock on as if Bug came out just last week. People thought that their first effort from the reunion, Beyond, was kind of a fluke, because I mean, aren't all reunions supposed to kind of suck? However, considering the rave reviews that have come out for this week's release, Farm, that kind of theorizing can be deemed to be pure bullshit. Here's proof that the old guys still know how to kick the shit. Of course, I'll still need to explain my concert tee every time I wear it.

I had trouble figuring out which video to choose, but I decided to go with the cheap-knockoff of "Sledgehammer." Because if there's one thing we need more of in our lives, it's the Sledgehammer video.

There's a way I feel right now
Wish you'd help me, don't know how
We're all nuts so who helps who
Some help when no one's got a clue...

No comments: