Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hump Day Helper -- Rock Your Socks Off (Literally) Edition


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

Patton Oswalt had a great bit about the genius of 80s music videos, in which bands would rock so hard that they could alter the physical course of events. He said that he missed that in today's videos, and he wished that someone like System of a Down or Queens of the Stone Age would try to do that once again.

Well, it looks like someone was listening. Joshua Homme from Queens of the Stone Age is the drummer for another awesome band, the hilariously titled "Eagles of Death Metal". And they took on the concept of rockin' you so hard to hilarious new levels in this great video. I'm pretty sure if I was put in the same situation as Jesse "The Devili" Hughes, I would utilize my guitar in much the same fashion. They have a new album coming out soon, so you should probably check them out.

Plus, have fun spotting the random cameos.

I want you so hard, I want you so good...

No comments: