Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hump Day Helper -- Death By Sunshine Edition


Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.

When it comes to music, I'm very much a sad-bastard kind of guy. While my tastes don't just center around Mopeville, it's usually kind of, I don't know, "serious". Probably because there seems to be more to say when there's conflict in the music, or maybe perhaps I like minor key melodies and modulations better. Whatever it is, it makes many people (mostly of the female persuasion) think, gawd, what a bore.

As a result, in the past couple of years I've tried to branch out into, well, happier music. And this song here has what can be best determined to be ten gallons of sunshine in a 5 gallon hat. In fact, you might turn off the video within the first twenty seconds, but that would be a mistake. No, my friends, by the end of the video you'll have the song stuck in your head, and you'll actually want to listen to the rest of what Los Campesinos! have to offer, unnecessary punctuation mark or not. Especially after you see the end of the video.

Of course, all this talk about happiness completely ignores the lyrics, which as I read them now, reveal themselves to be kind of insane, to put it mildly.

I will stop fighting once your circuit board's igniting
singing, "I'M NOT FINISHED, I'M NOT FINISHED! No!...

No comments: