Friday, December 18, 2009

WDR comes back for Christmas cheer!

Hip hip, HOORAY!

So I was sitting in the office at work and the radio was on. Usually this means that the alternative rock station is on and there's something decent and the artists are always changing. It boasts being the only "new rock" station in town, though I can count on my hand the truly "new" songs I've heard on this thing. But that's not a problem.

Anyway, the day is going normally. The station starts playing "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and my boss FUCKING CHANGES THE STATION. And not to something good. No. She changed it to Z100.

Now, I haven't heard an extended amount of Z100 programming for quite some time. I forgot that Z100 doesn't really play more than 30 songs. By 30 I'm being generous. In two hours I heard three songs twice. Note that this also included commercials. I've never been good at math, but the fact that songs repeated that much was insane. I heard the same damn Lady GaGa song FIVE FUCKING TIMES. And that was when I left work early.

As I'm new to the office, I was not one to start shouting profanities when this happened. But fucking hell, Z100 is damn awful. On the other hand, I managed to get a ton of work done because I just wanted to get the fuck out of there. Temporary productivity at the price of sanity? My guess is that there are more interns where I came from. Maybe it's all part of the plan.

But now I'm out of the office until January, so maybe, JUST MAYBE, there will be some more posts here. Maybe? I know that Joe and Nic are on vacation, so they might even post something, too. That would be nice wouldn't it? Yes it would.