Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hump Day Helper--Mr. Festive Edition

Because it's Wednesday, and we all need a pick-me-up to make it through the rest of the week in our respective hells, WDR is providing some fun.


People love to bitch about holiday music, but frankly I've never had that much of a problem with it. Granted, I do my part to avoid maximum exposure--I avoid working (thank god for grad school!), plus when I go to the grocery store I usually listen to my iPod. This leaves only my weekly dinner at the sushi restaurant where I can potentially get that shot of holiday cheer. Then again, Christmas music sometimes proves to be a better alternative than the usual Japanese covers of Mariah Carey songs.

Of course, it doesn't help that there are few new cool Christmas songs each year. But leave it to the guys from My Morning Jacket to fill the void. Hell, this track wasn't even a special holiday single, but one of the tracks from their album At Dawn. And because of that, we get a song that actually tries to be decent.

Here's the OKONOKOS live version, courtesy of some charitable soul who's decided to upload the entirety of the DVD onto YouTube. Enjoy the soaring guitar riffs the way it was meant to be enjoyed. God bless you, "maiconfire".

We're criminals that never break the law!

4 comments:

Mr. Zhuang said...

Hells yeah.

Average Joe said...

You guys realize your output is trending down for the third straight year? You did just about a third as much work on this here blog in 2009 as 2008. Tisk tisk.

Joe Reefer said...

I am going to name my first son Joseph, before convincing my wife to get an abortion.

Nic Ouzo said...

Joe is too busy running a donkey-show ring in Omaha to do his posts, so that accounts for part of it.

As for me, I can point to this: 1st year--unemployed, 2nd year, 1L year, and 3rd year, 2L year.

We're going to do a post addressing this problem, but hey, we can make empty promises again of writing more.

And Joe, that was hilariously cruel.